Planning for your future is more important now than ever before - Sam
In this conversation with Sam we talk about what it was like to be a new mom finishing law school and passing the bar while nursing a baby. She is so real in talking about how she felt after becoming a lawyer, but motherhood came first. While some of her peers were moving quickly in their careers and she was changing poopy diapers but these are the years she wouldn't give up.
In this episode Sam also talks about how we can legally plan for our families and what we need to have in place to make sure we are protected. She goes over all the important documents you need for family estate planning. This is such an important topic and every family needs!
Samantha D’Angelo is a part-time attorney and a full time mama to her two little boys and a little girl that is due in August and wife to her wonderfully supportive husband, Justin. She graduated from Creighton Law School in 2016 shortly after the birth of her first child. She has worked in Omaha, Nebraska as an estate planning attorney at Elder Law of Omaha since 2016 where she has found a passion for helping families plan for the future and preserve their assets for their legacy and children.
In this episode we cover:
- Estate Planning is not for old people. Do NOT wait to create your estate plan. You will do this twice in your lifetime: once when your family is growing and again when you're an empty nester and your assets look very different and you're planning more for retirement and less for your children.
- Pre-planning for your family is like an insurance policy for your assets; the same as house or car insurance is- you don't want to have to use it but if you do you'll be glad you have it and you'll want it done correctly.
- There are certain legal documents young and growing families should have to protect their children if something happens to you and/ or your spouse and also protect your assets so you can continue to provide and care for your children if you're not able to:
- Financial and Healthcare Powers of Attorney
- Last Will and Testament
- Living Will
- What if you can't afford to do this with an attorney? What are the options? - forms online, holographic wills, temporary POAs.
- Why you should not use pre-made plans that are advertised from Suze Ormann and Dave Ramsey- estate planning is not a one-size fits all. They are not valid.
Connect With Sam D'Angelo:
Connect With Michelle Hagen:
The Busy Years Podcast :
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet?! Click here to subscribe and to make sure you don't miss a single episode! If your loving what we are hearing, leave a review to help us spread more podcast love!
- You can do this mama, in the middle of motherhood no matter how busy the years get! -